Sunday, June 7, 2009

South Dakota Trip
























On May 30th I took a trip to South Dakota, along with my friend Margie Holbrook and my granddaughter Helen. We went to visit my daughter Kimberly and her husband Patrick. We had such a good time that we really didn't want to leave to come home. Unfortunately there is this thing called work and a thing called bills. You know what I mean, you have to work so you can live. Kimberly and Patrick, had the whole week planned with fun things to do. On Monday Patrick took the day off work; we headed for the Badlands and Wall Drug. You'd never believe the Badlands were even there. On Tuesday morning the 3 girls went to breakfast at Perkins. After breakfast we headed for Storybook Island. It a theme park made up with storybook characters. That evening we all went to Watiki water park for a ride down the lazy river on tubes. Of course I can't forget the water slides, oh my heck, what a thrill. Both times down the slides I had Helen go over my head and the next time it was Patrick. I thought I was going to drown. Afterwards we went to Arnold's Diner for something to eat. It's a 50's style diner, Patrick even danced with his niece Helen. Wednesday morning Patrick took us on a tour of a B1; we even got to go up into the cockpit. That was real neat, but a little cramped for my liking. Kimberly, Margie & I went to Deadwood for the evening. Patrick took Helen to Chuck E. Cheese for an evening of fun. Thursday morning the 4 of us girls got up and went to Cosmos. When that was done we drove to Hill City and had lunch at the Alpine Inn Restaurant; talk about good German food, and the dessert was fabulous. From there we drove to Keystone, and looked for souvenir's for the rest of my grandchildren in UT. That evening we went to Bandit Lanes for burgers and fries and $1.00 night bowling. Friday morning the girls went to Golden Corral for breakfast, then we went shopping at Wal-Mart and Kimberly's favorite department store, Kohl's. I must say I did get a few things for myself. That night we went to Putz n Glo, to play miniature golf. We actually ate at home, we had burgers on the grill. After dinner Kimberly's friend Kris came over to visit with us for a little while. In to bed early, because we had an early morning on Saturday. The dreaded 12 hour drive back to UT. We really had a fun time, I'm thinking of taking one of my other granddaughters, Natasha, next time.

3 comments:

  1. We're so glad that you guys came to visit...Pat and I had a blast!!! I'm sure even Maio is looking back realizing that he had fun as well, he doesn't get to hiss and swat at too much on a normal given day :) Poor Herbie, although he did a lot of egging Maio on! LOL!!! I'm sad that the time went by so fast. So if Natasha is next then it will be Dorothy's turn, then Patricia, then Jace? Take turns between cousins, I'm sure there parents will all appreciate it!! Careful, they may try and send them all at once. We don't mind, we enjoy seeing our nieces and nephews. We love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish that I could have made the trip to visit with you all. Sounds like you had a blast. I am totally digging the new hairdo and am glad that you are blogging so I can keep in touch. Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gayle this is Leann i am glad you had a good time on your trip hope you have a good summer see you in aug. thank for the happy birthday text talk to you later

    ReplyDelete