Friday, July 24, 2009

Family Traditions


Where to start! A lot has happened since I lasted posted. The 28th of June I went to Las Vegas for a national convention for my job. It was fun and I had a real good time, but the heat just about killed me. On the 8th of July my sister-in-law Wendy and her husband Jim stopped by to visit. They left on Friday the 10th headed for California. So I took Thursday off so I could spend some time with them. I told them about what had been going on in my life. How I wanted a riding lawn mower and a shed to put it in. How I had gone to look at carpeting and flooring for my front room and dining room. And how I needed a fence around my yard, to keep Herbie from chasing people down the sidewalk. Thursday morning RC Willey's came by and measured all the rooms in my house for carpet and flooring. Then a company called Ace Fab, came out to measure for fencing. Herb used to sharpen saw blades for Ace Fab, so I thought I'd give them some business. They seemed to help with us getting a paycheck every two weeks. It was before I went to Vegas that I looked at the carpet and flooring. My girlfriend Margie went with me. She mentioned that if I was going to get new flooring in the kitchen, it would be nice to have new cabinets also. I got so excited about everything being done. But on the other hand I got really scared thinking about it. These are things that Herb and I had talked about doing, but of course things cost money. And we really didn't have a lot of that either. Jim told me he could put the shed together for me. If I had gotten a wood shed from Lowe's it would have to be special ordered. I went to the credit union to see if I could get a home equity loan. Next off we went to Sears, to look at a shed and a riding mower. Then we went to Lowe's. I found a shed and I purchased it. We had to rent a u-haul to get it home, I wasn't going to pay $75.00 for them to deliver it. So that evening we went out to Golden Corral for dinner. Then Jayson and his children and Justin, came to my house and helped Jim and Wendy put my shed together. They started at 6:30 and finished at 11:30. Jayson and his children left at 8:15 to go home, he had to get up early for work. On Monday the 13th Ace Fab came out and put the poles in for the fence. They didn't show up again until the 21st to do the fence, then I had to call them to see when they were going to put the gates up. Well now my fence is finished, they came today. YEAH now Herbie can go outside without his leash on. I now you are porbably wondering why I titled this family tradition. Today is the 24th of July, the day the Mormon pioneers came into the great Salt Lake Valley. Ogden City always has a parade to celebrate this day. And it has always been a family tradition, to go to the parade together. Last years I blew that tradition, I was at our national convention in Philly. This year I was home, but both my boy's had to work. So I kept my two oldest granddaugthers' Helen and Dorothy over night and we went to the parade. My daugther-in-law Lisa and her two girls Natasha and Patricia walked down from their house to join us. So as to the rest of my repairs in the house, not yet. Shed yes, fence yes. Someday the rest will get done, I just need to do a little at a time. Hope I didn't bore you to tears. Maybe next time I won't wait so long to post.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about all that is going on and keeping informed. I think that you need to post some pictures of the fence and the shed. I wish that I had the money to come for a visit.

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Amanda...WHERE'S THE PICTURES?!? Love you mom! See you in a month and a half!!!!!

    ReplyDelete